View Single Post
Old 09-24-2023, 11:17 AM   #7117 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoskyz View Post
That's basically what they did though. RZ34 is really just a refresh on the Z34 chassis, as the chassis code gives away. VR30 is added and finally some current-gen tech. Behind the dashboard, from the center console back, the cabin is mostly the same as the 370Z. Of course the exterior is significantly refreshed, but the roof lines of the 370Z are still visible.

I was unhappy with Nissan for not doing a full-fledged redesign to show what they're capable of, like with the 350Z's introduction and something that would really go after the GR Supra. Though I guess with production challenges in mind, maybe this chassis refresh was the right move at this time.
IMO they should have completely killed off the 370Z in 2017. 6 years in the modern era is long, but 8 to 10 years is really long in the tooth. I think sales show that with the 370.

Then they should have spent the time off getting Nissan back in order as a company. Then come out with an all new modern Z in say 2025.

As it is, the new Z (not even a proper name as 3 dealers I've been to call it the 400Z), is a filler car to help aid and bridge a gap. Except I really think it was a waste of time. That's just my opinion of course, which means nothing in reality.
Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote