View Single Post
Old 09-20-2023, 06:55 PM   #1800 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ DAIZY View Post
You’re absolutely right about this “subscription” service.

I own a legit copy of the original Adobe Photoshop that still works on an old Apple IICI I bought in the late eighties/early nineties. Has 8 MEGS of ram and a 256K hard drive. Cost me $4500 with a scanner and a 25” monitor. Also included Photoshop, illustrator and quark express.

That’s right MEG and K!! LOL!

Flash to today, a copy of Photoshop costs $10 a month. I called them and asked how much to buy? They told me they don’t sell copies anymore. Subscription only.
Sadly everything is moving in this direction. Porsche is envisioning a near future where no one buys their cars, we just pay on a tiered subscription service and the higher the tier, the better cars are available to pick from and you rotate out of them every month. So we’re all driving used cars basically.

It’s being trialed ion select markets already iirc.

They’re selling it like it’s a good thing cause you get variety and can switch out based on needs, ie sports car this month, next month an suv for hauling things.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote