View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 10:46 PM   #1790 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ DAIZY View Post
I can’t help but think this strike has something to do with EV’s. Rusty just quoted that it takes 40% less time to make them. That’s a lot of man hours lost forever.
Automation and robotics are quickly making a lot of jobs obsolete/much less manpower intensive. The writer’s strike in Hollywood is n part bc they’re afraid chtgpt will kill off their jobs. (And they’re not totally wrong).

Auto manufacturers are scrambling to try and force people to adopt a subscription based car ownership paradigm since EVs require so little maintenance and are less prone to costly repairs, the auto companies are losing/going to lose big time on the back end post sale.

Get ready for heated seats, only $30 per month etc.

I’ve been noticing a shift over the last 15 years, especially over the last decade where ownership of “stuff” has been made to seem passé and not necessary. But fundamentally, privately ownership of transportation, home, investments, etc is the bedrock, not just of capitalism, but of a free society. You can’t build wealth if you pay rent for all your sh1t.

Getting back to the car stuff, I’ll be fvcking pissed if I buy a car and have to pay a subscription fee to unlock features I paid for. Apparently Tesla (surprise surprise) already does this crap.

It’s a way for ev cars to bring in money post sale that’s been lost due to less maintenance that ICE cars need. Shitty.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote