View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 12:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Zcrc
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z Sport
Zcrc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna370z View Post
Can you elaborate on how you wired the switch? Really like this idea!
You need to switch to be normally closed in order for this to work. This means the default status of the button when not pressed is a closed circuit (giving power to the yaw sensor) and then when pressed the circuit is opened (removing power from the yaw sensor)

If you look at the photo you can see the metal bit on the bottom and rotate the photo 90 degrees CCW.

I have some diagrams I've drawn but essentially there is a metal tab with two prongs on the switch body (not pictured in the users irl photo but red in the diagram I've made) that contacts those metal leads and gives the switch an open or closed circuit. As the switch comes stock, it is an open circuit until its pressed which will close the circuit.

What this person did was switch the default nature of the circuit to make it normally closed. They extended the lead coming from the bottom of the switch up higher, and shortened the lead that comes from the top, essentially flipping the switches disengaged status from open to closed, and when pressed closed to open.

Diagrams in album here since I don't know how to add them in thread. https://imgur.com/a/1jFPLBh
Zcrc is offline   Reply With Quote