Thread: Project Z
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 08:54 AM   #994 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

So I was struggling to understand why this Z had poor audio. I then learned later model 370z's and into this model have some goofy things going on. Fake exhaust sound and noise cancelation.

I got in this morning with a nice service advisor that happens to own a 370z. So being a fellow enthusiast they were more than happy to help. Fifty dollars even, in and out in less than 30 minutes.
We turned off both ANC/ASE.

Impressions: Road noise is significantly louder. I prefer as much feedback as I can get so this is no issue for me. Some people will definitely want to leave noise suppression on though. The fake exhaust sound is completely gone and the car is super quiet (for) now. The Bose system is marginally better. Hopefully once the speakers are broken in I get a bit better base. Id be surprised to find out this had the exact same system as the 370z's because they sound much better IMO. So if you are hoping this fixes the poor audio it wont. It does help enough that I don't feel the need to upgrade anything for my personal usage.