Thread: Project Z
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 02:39 PM   #981 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I was in the car all day and we only put 85 miles on it. Break in periods suuuuuck. First impressions are great. Though we haven’t went over 4k RPMs and 1/4 throttle, you can tell she wants to stretch her legs. There is just something about how this chassis delivers power that makes me smile. The front end feels a little floaty but I did notice the tires were over inflated. Correcting that should help a little. The exhaust is so quiet I thought they rolled it off of the truck. Strangely enough, the sound inside the cabin is pleasing. So from an engineering standpoint bravo. It will have to be upgraded ASAP though. That sound needs to be delivered to everyone. Haha

The interior feels like home having previously owned 370z’s. What some may consider minor updates, to me, really take it to a perfect level. I love that all the silver trim is now black chrome and though I would of liked color matching the interior stitching, the black is nice. It seems to have all the features I look for in a modern interior.

The exterior is so much better in person. I do not think I’ve ever experienced this same effect with another car. In photos I’ve always despised the front end. It looked like a clash of 3 different designs mashed into one. I’ve spent the last two weeks shopping for parts. A good portion of that time was deciding what I wanted to do with the front visually. It grew on me quite a bit during that time. Now seeing it in person I have no real complaints. It definitely needs something for my taste but it isn’t gut wrenching like I originally felt. The car is absolutely stunning up close. The pearl white has to be seen in person to truly appreciate.

Overall I can’t be happier. Some say the price is too high. I think 54k loaded is just about right for this car. Yeah it’s got reused parts but heck, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it! I’ve always loved Datsuns and feel like I have a reimagined one now. Enough blabber here are some pics by the local motocross track.