View Single Post
Old 08-23-2023, 09:26 PM   #187 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies for FB SNAFU

So Victorian Sports Car championship Round 4 has been run and the maiden event for the #50 ProdSports Z34 went to plan with an untroubled day.

Times were not anything special (Keith Flanagan you lap times are not threatened yet).

The mega wing is too draggy for a standard engine - I picked up 15kph on entry to T1 by taking 1-click of wing out and will try removing one more the next time at PI.

The chassis is brilliant - T1 mid-corner improved to best of 187kph and it feels like it could take more and this is on 6 yo R-Specs. 1-click wing less made no difference to mid-corner grip and it felt like T1 could be close to flat - that's the level of confidence the chassis inspires.

Brakes are similarly outstanding (AP six pots on the front on 14.25" rotors and 4-pots on the rear on 13" rotors with CIRCO pads. In the end, I was diving inside 75m into Honda and still it was stopping. T1 I was braking after turn in which is inside 50m and there was not a hint of slide mid-corner. Note that speed on entry is down though as it is draggy.

No slicks until I have a dry-sump engine installed - planning on that for Island Magic event at the end of Nov this year so still significant grip to come
I am having to unlearn nearly 35 years of experience based on my "other" car as the Z handling and grip is just so superior.

A bit more grunt and optimised drag and slicks will see the times drop.

Off to the final round of our state championship on 15-17 Sept
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A27I5266.jpg (77.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg A27I5341.jpg (80.5 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by BGTV8; 08-23-2023 at 09:40 PM.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote