View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 08:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

I do think more time will be needed to digest this. People are always up in arms about everything a new release doesn't do or have.

It may be behind the Supra, it may still ultimately be a further re-polished Z34 platform, but there is some substance in that package as a street car. The dynamics will count for more than the peak performance.

I think the track car prospect/expectation is out the window. The platform started with a weight penalty. The sea of Z33 and Z34's are going to be a more favorable starting point for a raw build regardless because the price difference is too huge. A lot of people crying for an MT will never be in the conversation to buy the car in the first place.

Expect some models to make rounds with youtubers
Then the people who have money to throw
Then the people who have taken a hard enough look at it and decide its for them.

This won't be a crazy high profit/volume product. It won't cement itself as any type of pinnacle as the GT-R. It's an (attempted) contribution to brand image. Take it as it is, because you don't exactly see anyone making the car everyone wants.

Barring some huge recall problem, if it was within my financial means, I would be taking a hard look at this, and see past the AT-only option. Trying a Performance trim RZ34 (manual albeit), it was so much cooler/nicer of a car than the lukewarm impression it gave through the internet. In the world I live in, I'll admit it's a nicer place to be than the Z34 I've been going well out of my way to keep in my possession.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote