View Single Post
Old 08-05-2023, 07:09 PM   #7081 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
Looks wise - I like both the 370z and the new Z; but I feel at its current price point - I just wouldn't get one new. Even though it is offering the TT setup and it can be modded etc. I just feel it priced itself outside of what it should have been when compared to the competition. The fact that this car is not performing well (at least according to the YouTube click-baiters etc) but still - some of those guys I definitely respect their opinion and they aren't Nissan haters etc.

The question for me is - is it better to TT the current 370z and deal with the headaches associated with it, or is it better to take a newer platform such as the new Z which has the TT setup and the piping etc etc - and then look to address the shortcomings it has mainly with the braking and suspension. I would be on the idea of taking a new Z and going from there - but between the price and the markups bc of lack of availability - not sure anymore.

Regardless - I do agree - adding suspension bits to the 370z really transforms the car. Having a TT setup out of the box and an improved interior - add the SPL catalogue and I'm sure the new Z will be great. My only issue - is the price. You are starting off at such a high price that it has turned from 'bargain' to 'not so much anymore'. Maybe after this car has been out for about 5yrs - will I look for a used one to then mod it to my specs - but then I will be looking to cross shop it with a manual Supra as well.
I’ll always be of the opinion that value wise, headache wise, etc, modding a factory fi’d car is always the smarter move vs going fi on an na car.

At Msrp, I don’t think there’s a value issue with the new Z, the price is fair imo. Now, the markups, any markups on this car are ridiculous but the market will bear what it will bear.

Unfortunately, in our post Covid world of high inflation and permanent supply chain issues, everything is more expensive “than it should be” so it’s hard to see any value anywhere anymore, and even as inflation is moderating somewhat, prices never go back down so we’re kinda stuck.

The manual Supra is a tempting car for sure, Toyota was smart to release it. I’m personally not a fan of the looks of the Supra, but I do love it’s performance/interior and the bmw tuning potential is awesome. Even just a jb4 is killer.

It’s actually really nice that we still have these options available to us as enthusiasts still in ‘23+.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote