View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
ZeN
Base Member

Drives: 09 PW 7AT 370z
ZeN is on a distinguished road
Default Car wont crank and radiator fan turned on - not steering lock issue

Guys, I need help and pointers. I have a RHD 09 7AT. This engine problem has been going on for a while where it took multiple pressing of the switch+brake pedal to even get the starter cranking, once it cranks the engine does turn. This time it just move to ON and there was a loud click from the engine bay and I notice the radiator fan also turn on slowly and build RPM to full speed. Is this normal?

Previously jump-starts work but now it won't. Battery is brand new ie 2 weeks with a voltage of 12.5. I've checked both pedal switches (Black cruise control 2 pins + Brown brake switch 4 pins) for continuity and both check out ie, one is normally open and the other is normally closed. I also check all the fuses at the pedal area and at IPDM all are still good. I don't have a jack so not sure if the starter gets it power after IPDM but that radiator fan turning on is one weird thing that I didn't notice before. I also changed the relay on the IPDM and that didn't do anything. Should i start looking at a new IPDM and Starter?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote