View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 08:01 PM   #923 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
Also, as I really don't want to argue over topics that have no absolute value, but rather just an imposed one that we made up - one country one way, the other country different way....let me steer into a different direction.

Serious question. Why is the USA presidential election focused on just two candidates? On previous elections it was a choice between a demented old pedofile vs a crazy old maniac. I am quite sure that your country HAS better candidates. Can't they make it through? And why aren't there any other choices, other than just two clowns? Serious question. The year before it was Killary, whose only campaign was "I am a woman". WTF. What am I missing here, serious question.

We have a two party system. Yes, technically there can be as many parties as we want but the political system almost from the get go was designed around two. So that’s where the money goes and ergo the power.

A two party system reduces choice but also increases stability, look at the cluster Fvck that coalition parliamentary systems deal with, we avoid that. (Israel, Spain for example).

Each party has a primary season where various candidates vie for the nomination of their respective party to represent them in the general election. Only registered voters (citizens) of that particular party can vote for a nominee. The contests are held in a handful of predetermined States at different times and you get points (delegates) when you win that state so when the Party’s convention happens later on, we know who the nominee of each respective party will be. Historically, the incumbent president automatically gets his party’s nomination.

Because a limited number of states and within them, a limited number of voters pick the nominee, the contestants (politicians) cater to only a small extreme right or left agenda/group to clinch the nomination and historically, then try to convince the general population in the general election that they didn’t really mean all those extreme things while winking at the extremists who got them nominated to reassure them that they actually did.

Yeah, it’s pretty fvcked up.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote