View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 07:42 PM   #920 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNews86 View Post
Not sure what exactly happened with the dispute but I can tell you this. A lot of police jobs vilify their officers if basically ANYTHING happens with them, especially off duty stuff. Domestic incident? Stripped of your badge and gun until the investigation or whatever is complete, even if the husband/wife is full of ****. Something minor such as stress/anxiety and you try to talk about it? Stripped of your badge and gun. They make you feel worthless. The problem with all of this? Cops don't seek out help BECAUSE of those reasons. You are looked at like a liability and/or something is wrong with you when its usually not the case. Then it builds up leading to incidents of suicide. It really needs to be fixed.

Even with say the drugs tests. Say you get anxiety with flying and are prescribed Xanax and take it only for flying. Pop on a drug test? Stripped of your gun and badge. Tell the medical division you take it because of it even before a drug test? Drug test then stripped of your gun and badge when you pop positive. So ridiculous. All these departments claim "oh we care and want to help you" but when it comes to it they NEVER do.

And I'm speaking from experience. Someone I personally knew took his life.
The military is the same way unfortunately.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote