View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Hood vents will drop those temps by about 10 deg. or so. The main issue is having the intercooler there. It's slows down and heats up the air a lot. First mount the oil cooler to the side as mentioned. Second add more ductwork all around the intercooler/radiator not let the air flow around any side. Third, in addition to the track spec vents add two more vents above the stock bumper opening on the sides of the badge; I'd say about half the radiator is exposed to the stock bumper opening, it needs more. Last add a second oil cooler if needed and a front splitter.

This is great. I will start with ducting the coolers and positioning them better (oil cooler and Rotrex cooler moved further off to the side to get clean air). Cutting the bumper&hood will follow if ducting doesn’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is online now   Reply With Quote