View Single Post
Old 07-17-2023, 06:04 PM   #460 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, time flies. Brief review what happen at my last track event. It was hot, so the track was hot. At one point track temp was 165, so it was slippery. One point got some cloud cover for a session and I noticed the difference in grip. Best I could do was 1.40.99. Most important thing was the consistency of driving. Event with traffic, my lap difference was under 1%, which is excellent.

It's good to know all the hard work is paying off, when you get comments, I need to follow you, your fast, lines are good. Or the instructor tells that your best I have seen take turn 10. Or taking someone for a ride, boy he knows how to brake talking to friends

I did find out I had a coolant leak, must have been small, so the 2nd from last session it went into limp mode. Notice water temp was beg, oil was high too. So I simply assumed it got too hot. Wrong. I left and a couple miles from the track it happened again. So then I knew it was a bit more of a problem.
Pulled over to side and lots of people stop and offer to help. I said AAA was on its way, wrong. They cancelled my first call. But a person did stop and he gave me his phone number. So I don't know if he drove by again or what. He showed up a hour later with 3 gallons of coolent, drinner and rags. And we figured out no water coming out the back, no water in the oil, it was just a coolent leak. Filled it up with coolent and was able to get back home. Funny think I texted him and thanked him, last thing in his text was he had owned a 370Z Nismo and said it was a fun car.. 😆 It all ended well