View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 09:35 AM   #364 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankEtier View Post
I have a 25 row cooler that bypasses the stock cooler and uses -6AN lines all the way back to the transmission. So far this summer I have not seen over 175 degrees in any situation while driving the car and it's hot in DFW Texas.
Nice, I'm NA with only spirited street driving and using the same Hayden core Z1 uses in their kit (purchased elsewhere), rubber lines with oetiker stepless and ABA Awab clamps which are stronger and provide for a better seal than T-bolts and without leaks.

I'm bypassing the OE "cooler" as my current summer trans. temps. are 122*-172* via gauge in the hot line coming from the trans.; therefore, the aftermarket cooler would be fighting the OE cooler heating the fluid to whatever my coolant temp is, typically 175-190* (170* stat.) which is obviously counterproductive.

Be careful not to cool under 122* as OE torque converter lockup is 122*-176*. Outside of this range your fuel mileage will suffer so you definitely want to be within this temp. range on the highway. In winter I have to block some of my cooler to keep temps. above 122*!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankEtier View Post
I used the fittings I purchased from Godzilla Race Works. I supplied the hose, cooler core, and other fittings. They have a full kit now though.

https://www.godzillaraceworks.com/37...0z-g37-q50-q60
Are you using the VR transmission yet or still OE?

That's a nice line kit and a good solution for those with leaky and/or degrading rubber lines.

Last edited by Tractionless; 07-16-2023 at 09:38 AM.
Tractionless is offline   Reply With Quote