View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 07:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *J*ap***V*et* View Post
I'm not gunna lie...I think it's a meaningless precaution. The percentage of gallery gaskets that really go bad is so exceedingly low. For 5k I'd just buy a newer engine and jave it replaced for that price they quoted you.
Exactly what I'll do as in the process you also get the updated head and ex. manifolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post

I can tell you that when I pulled my timing cover (at 100K miles), both gaskets were blown out in multiple locations and we found bits of the gaskets in the oil pan as well. Others that have done the same work have found similar conditions upon timing cover removal.
Were you having symptoms that caused the inspection or did you just happen upon the GG damage?

100k here on my 2010 and spec. oil pressure so I figure no issue.