View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
Hey Ew

The new whip's fine but I still miss my Z.

I just wished that the market wasn't as greedy as it's been or I'd been in one for sure.

I still have my 70 240z so I'll be a Z owner for life maybe after the markets cools I can look and see if I can get a deal but for now a HELL NO!!

How's your BMW Supra?? any issue?
A common misconception. FWIW, greed may be a factor, but not as big as people think, esp. now with sky-high interest rates.

We are at the tail-end of COVID, but global supply and supply chain issues still linger, esp. chips/semiconductors with the war in Ukraine (Neon gas is required for production of these and Ukraine supplies up to 70% of the global supply of this).

Then, you have the interest rate increase factor, in which we've had 14 consecutives raises up until a pause recently (but more expected to come), 4 of them being 75 bps and the others at 50 bps, when the typical raise is 25 bps.

Not a good recipe. Short supply, increasing rates excessively, and taking out the money supply in the economy (quantitative tightening), you should expect for prices to stay high and steady. With high interest rates, you have MUCH less qualified borrowers, which theoretically should lower pricing, BUT, you still have the supply issue to deal with.

IMO, you shouldn't expect pricing to cool anytime soon.