View Single Post
Old 07-01-2023, 07:19 PM   #451 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Recap (lot of detail) of my day with a Porsche Cayman GTS

6/26, the day of the Porsche got there and the Porsche was all setup… John (the car's tech for the day) was there and Paul (my coach)was running late but it did not matter. Day turned out to be a wonderful clear day.. John had everything setup, car was ready, refreshments, donuts were ready… And a large fan under an awning. Paul showed up with his two co-workers who had never had been to one of these. They had a blast getting droves in all sort of cars. Paul seems to know so many people. John even commented he was great to see a coach so enthusiastic. So we/I walked around and it was mainly Porsche’s and Vettes and a couple of Miata’s.
-- First session was just to get use to the car, did not figure out how to put in manual mode. It was an automatic and did the shifting on its own so it was interesting, the brakes felt totally different, interesting my fastest speed down the back straight was this session was 135.
-- Second session was better and speed wise was the best of the day. it felt great and I seem too adaptive fairly well. Paul had suggestions.
-- Third / Fourth sessions did not really improve my time, but consistence was there, what that means, was the lap times were all close. Except when being passed or passing. Garmin Catalyst indicated my laps were mostly within 1% of each other. So in that regards mission accomplished.
-- Fifth session was a bit different. My Coach had wanted me to try to do left foot braking. Well I did it for the entire session. Worked my way into it. And was getting good at it. Then I had an opps, then another, nothing big, just little things. I told my coach, I’m done, no sense in driving anymore and then having a BIG opps.
-- End review, Paul said overall he got see the improvement, smoother, relaxed, hitting my marks, good on my point. Paul was my first coach back last September, we just hit it off so well.

In all did 49 laps in 5 sessions, which amount to about 2 hours of track time. It was all well worth it. And it had a wonderful sound.... so neutral and easy to drive....

The best lap of the day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jh55xu5yGI