View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 12:38 PM   #12182 (permalink)
filip00
Track Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
So you're telling me it's much easier to communicate with someone that is millions of miles away and in space with unknown territory/variables than someone who is less than 3 miles underwater on home turf with better known variables?

We can map the moon, but we can't map out 3 miles of underwater of the general area of where the Titanic is? We don't need to map out the entire ocean for this, let alone the Mariana Trench.
Yes, I'm telling you exactly that. I'll even give you another analogy. One person in space, the other on earth. The dude in space only needs to make a flash of light and you will see it, regardless of your distance. If you replace light by radiowaves, you will get communication.

Now beneath the deep ocean...is a different medium. There are other objects in between (hint: there are virtually NO objects in space between us and the moon [except maybe some satellites]), and there are also deep sea caverns, and the pressure is larger, and waves do not travel freely in this medium.....even light can't penetrate it.....do...you....see where I'm going with this?