View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 12:35 PM   #12180 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
I'm not angry nor asking for 100% accurate results, and I understand weather is not an exact science. BUT, given the education/technology/qualifications/etc. needed, meteorologist should and need to give a better picture of its projected path based on conditions and factors (i.e. warm air, warm water, wind shear, troughs, any jet streams that could push the hurricane away to a different direction, etc.). They have plenty of tools and resources and KNOWN variables to depict these phenomenons. There will be different scenarios, but these should be very limited, and not have the spaghetti models with the entire alphabet.
They can't. Now what? Should we all fire them?

they can give accurate predictions maybe 24h in advance. More than that is pure guesswork.

Now what?