View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 01:09 PM   #12141 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
https://www.fox13news.com/news/tropi...me-a-hurricane

"Tropical Storm Bret expected to strengthen but not become a hurricane."

Come to think of it, I should have majored in Meteorology and become a meteorologist. They get paid big bucks to make predictions and don't get in any trouble/held accountable if they are wrong.
I mean, you do understand that regardless of the technology we have, the weather still can't be accurately predicted, because the probabilities these models deal with are just such, that basically anything goes. It's not even anyone's fault.

Think of it as trying to accurately predict what will be the layout of 50 balls colored in 10 colors, after the balls are dropped from the 5th floor, over several stairsets, ending in a funnel that draws them in the cup. You can predict probabilities, sure...but can you tell WHICH ONE will actually happen?

My question for you is more like - would you be happier if we had no weather forecast at all? Because these guys are doing the best they can. And yeah, it sucks....but that's the best we can do. Weather can't be better predicted.