Thread: Nifty City
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 01:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Botaine
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Base Automatic
Botaine is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking about getting the tesla style nifty city head unit for my base trim 370z. I'm confused about the climate control buttons. Why are climate controls always shown on the display but there are physical buttons below that do the same thing? Can I hide the climate control buttons from the screen? I have a base trim 370Z without dual zone climate control, it only has single zone climate control. So will the screen detect I have only one zone or will it still show two zones?

Also does the head unit switch on and off automatically when I start and stop the engine of the car?

How does the reverse camera work? When I shift into reverse does the reverse camera come on automatically? Can I switch to the reverse camera manually at any time or must I go into reverse? Any tips on wiring it?

How can I get the head unit to use my phone's data connection automatically so it has internet access? I know I can use my phone as a hotspot but I need it to connect automatically so I don't have to spend the time connecting my phone every time I drive. Maybe bluetooth tethering will connect my phone's data to the head unit automatically every time once paired? Is that supported? I don't want to use a sim card because I will get charged for a second data plan when I could use my phone instead.

How does this work with stock base speakers? Any issues like static? Does it improve sound quality?

Can anyone share a copy of the manual?

Last edited by Botaine; 06-17-2023 at 01:27 AM.
Botaine is offline   Reply With Quote