View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elan
Track Member

Drives: Airplanes
Elan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Headlight Out. Tried Everything. Help!

Well hello everyone. I have my passenger headlight out and I've gone through pretty much all the motions to get it fixed.

1. Change the bulb. Tried a brand new Osram Xenarc...nothing.

2. Change the ballast with brand new OEM ballast but old ignitor...nothing

3. Replace old ignitor with new OEM one. AMAZING! The headlight turned on! Problem solved...nope.

I put the headlight back into the car and after some wrangling with it, put the bumper and all the trim pieces back on. I go to turn on the lights and nothing. Passenger light is out again. I rechecked all connections that I could without removing the light assembly and ballast/ignitor. Finally I gave up and will pull out a multimeter tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I didn't check the fuses but then again the light did eventually turn on. If it was originally the fuse, it would never have turned on. I will check them tomorrow though. Anyways I'm just trying to figure out why the light worked and then stopped working again after I put it back together. Super frustrating indeed.
2009 370Z NISMO #477 | AAM Competition Short Tails | AAM Competition HFCs | K&N Typhoon CAI | Kenwood DPX300U | Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 | Polk Audio db1001 | 15% Tints | GTR Start Button |
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote