View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 05:47 PM   #11787 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Not looking to change policies, but only asking for clarification. No harm in doing that.
Of course not. But given the participation of the mods on here, you're basically talking to a brick wall lol. I wouldn't worry too much. It'll be fine to talk about whatever you want in this thread until it's not. If someone complains then the line has been crossed because that is typically what will get the mod's attention. I don't like it but that's reality for now.

I also don't think Trips really wants to define any topics as off limits. He understands that most of the people here can interact on an adult level. Talk about whatever. If you're stupid enough, you'll get the lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Jar, side note question, since you have replaced your CSC/CMC with Z1 before and now ZSpeed. I know the OEM CSC is prone to failure, but what about the OEM CMC? Can the CMC be OEM or is it recommended to replace this with aftermarket also?
that's ON TOPIC thread stuff...

I actually had some problems with the CMC even with the OEM CSC installed. But I don't think they were related to the slave in any way. The most recent failure was due to an improperly adjusted clutch pedal and that was a while ago before the CMAK install. I also used to have a bad habit of stabbing at the clutch pedal and holding it all the way to the floor, which stresses the internal seals. I got the pedal adjusted and corrected my pedal habits; outside of those issues, I haven't had any trouble with the OEM CMC. I've considered getting one of the heavy duty ones, but it's working now and I've messed with it enough.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 05-26-2023 at 05:50 PM.