View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 12:13 PM   #11712 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Then stop being a smartazz lol

Politics are inherently controversial. And controversial topics generally devolve into less-than-productive conversations, as evidenced occasionally in this thread. That is the reason for the no politics rule. It's not about semantics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Politics are a dumb discussion anyway. It's a waste of energy to support or rail against any politician. None of them are worth their weight in hypodermic needles. If you really care, then go out and do something. The problem is people are sheep so they care about what they're told to care about. And it's a lot easier to be a keyboard warrior.
I get where you're coming from. People will have different opinions and views. It's one thing to try to force one's beliefs onto someone else, but expressing them diplomatically and civilly is simply having a conversation. Me personally, I post what I read and throw in my 2 cents, but that's about it and I don't state that my opinion is the absolute truth.

Talking about politics is no different than anyone stating their opinions about any given topic (as long as it's done the right way). For example, I'm dealing with the CSC/CMC issue, and I've read/heard different stories about the kits from Z1 and ZSpeed. People can exchange their views and their personal opinions, but as long as it doesn't turn into a pissing match (as with any topic), this is the same concept (BTW, I'm for ZSpeed for this particular issue).

In regards to my other post, I am erring on the side of caution and just wanting to be a 100% sure on what I can/cannot talk about, though it seems asinine that there are off-limit topics in the free world. The term "politics" is broad and subjective, and is up for interpretation. If I mention that I saw Trump at a football game, would my post be flagged as political and get me banned? Or if I mention I like the same ice cream flavor as Brandon, will this post be deemed as political? Or if I mentioned that Brady retired from the NFL for office politics reasons, will Trips delete my post?