View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 10:22 AM   #11441 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ DAIZY View Post
Probably cause there aren’t many 2011’s left on the road. Mine has 46,000 miles on it and it’s literally falling apart.

Last week I had to pull the door panel off and disconnect the power window switches to get them to stay closed. Had to hold the buttons up until they closed and then turn the car off to get them from dropping again. LOL!!

Motor is burning oil and coolant. Probably the head gasket, but dealer wants nothing to do with it and I’m not laying out $5000 to get it fixed.

At this rate, I’ll be happy to get 60,000 miles on it before I junk it.
I think each manufacturer has vehicles where some are a bit better built than others. Wifey's Kia is 2012 with 115K miles and still kicking strong with original parts. The only issue I have with mine is the backup camera went out.

The engine burning oil is a common issue with Kia's, and I keep a 5-quart jug of oil in the backseat. Each week, I check the oil level and top off (usually an 1/8 of a quart that I put in to get right at the "F" mark on the dipstick).

On a side note, I've heard many stories of about the '09 to '12 Z's burning oil. When I had my '09, the oil level stayed the same between each oil change (I checked this weekly also) and never had to top off. Same with my '13.