View Single Post
Old 05-13-2023, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dreadnaught
Track Member

Drives: 14 SR 370z 6MT
Dreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghiulea View Post
Hey everyone!
It’s been a few weeks since I installed Berk high flow cats (that connect to an Invidia Gemini catback). I got the car retuned by Seb over @SpecialtyZ and everything was running great.
I just got back from a very spirited run with the car and upon arrival I noticed that my exhaust tone changed rather noticeably. Car sounds raspier, louder and more “metaly” I guess, being especially audible in lower RPM. I do not feel any sort of loss in power, just a boomier cabin noise.
I’m writing to get your guys’ opinion on what should I check first. I got the car up on jacks and tried to look underneath but everything seems to be connected and I fail to detect any cracks as of now (mind you, it is the middle of the night where I am from). I will be getting it on a lift on Monday, but I’d like to hear your thoughts as well. Exhaust leak? HFCs “broke in”? Did I spit out the cats?
Thanks!
I'd start by hitting the Berk high flow cats with a dead blow hammer and listen for metallic noise and /or rattling.