View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 01:47 PM   #11231 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wife’s war wagon

Odometer just turned 4000 miles and 5 months old. 2023 Rogue Platinum AWD.

Some observations…

PRO: SUPER luxurious interior. Fit and finish is A+. The zero gravity seats are incredibly comfortable. Interior is whisper quiet. No squeaks or rattles (yea, I know it’s brand new, but still).

PROThe 3 banger will throw you back in the seat in auto mode. It’s a beast in sport mode. Would give DAIZY a run for her money to 40 MPH while Averaging 32 MPG’s.

PRO Nissan’s pro pilot system is da bomb as long as you don’t mind the granny systems. Lane assist, blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise are superb! Not really my cup of tea, but it gives me a piece of mind my wife is safe as can be.

PRO Bose system sounds awesome.

PRO Full 19” spare tire. Yes it’s a temp, but at least I can get back on the road safely if I had too, or my wife can have AAA change it in an emergency.

MIXED The heads up display is great. Never cared for the idea until I drive it, all cars should have it. The instrument cluster is too “busy”. Takes too long to find what I’m looking for. It’s an auto cvt. Don’t need a huge rpm gauge, don’t care about the tourque split and don’t care about the power to economy meter. Hard to find the gas gauge and I’m not sure it has a water temp gauge. Maybe I’ll get used to where thing are, but I don’t drive it much…

MIXED Styling. I can go either way with this. One day I like it, another I hate it. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

CONS Only the Drivers window is auto up and down. No locking gas door. Not sure about the reliability of a three cylinder, forced induction, variable compression engine.

CON a paddle shifter in a CVT? LOL!! Why?

CON Service schedule is ridiculous. Lease came with paid service. They won’t change the oil until 7500 miles. When confronted, they told me they’ll change the oil, but I’ll have to pay for it. They’re not making me want to actually buy this vehicle after the lease is up, but maybe that’s the plan.

OVERALL I give it an A-/B+