View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 04:29 PM   #10844 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ DAIZY View Post
Been to the dealership twice this week for a new tire for the Rouge. 2nd time there has been absolutely no one looking in the showroom. The place is a ghost town. I was waiting for a piece of tumble weed to blow through...

Since I had some time to kill I starting window shopping. These clowns are still charging a "market adjustment" of 3 to $6000. A pathfinder with a sticker of $45,000 was going for $51,000!

A maxima was going for $50,000!

I asked what they'd take for the maxima. Best out the door price. Hey told me $49,500.

These dealers are putting themselves out of business. Greed kills!
The market has abruptly shifted in terms of cost, price, and the value of money, and COVID was a major factor in addition to inflation. Before COVID, the pricing norm went up slowly and incrementally compared to what happened in the past couple of years. $1 say 3 years ago is probably equivalent to close to $.60 to $.70 today, whereas this kind of shift 20 years ago took more time. Maxima's in the $50K range is unfortunately the new norm. Who would have thought the base Z would start close to $70K?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/02/cars/...-dg/index.html

"This is one of the worst times to buy a car in decades."