View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 11:29 AM   #10795 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
You’re confusing govt power being USED to further national security and economic interests overseas.

That is not the same as our own government targeting and abusing its power to go after and destroy an individual citizen of our country (or corporation).

The US using its economic and military power to maintain world supremacy by engaging in conflicts, sanctioning foreign nationals, countries etc is not the same conversation.

And by the way, we should all be glad the USA does these things bc it’s what keeps the US dollar as the world’s reserve currency which buys us clout, influence and power around the world.

Even despite the moderate inflation we’ve had recently, it’s bc of the above our costs for goods and services are so cheap. A $40k car here sells for around $60-70k in Europe. It’s super common there for 10 year car loans so people can afford a car. Most folks around he world rent bc home ownership is too expensive but not in the USA.

We have such a great life/opportunity in this country frankly at the expense of most of the rest of the world. That’s what our military and economic might buy us.

As to the ethics and morality of this setup, well that’s a different conversation.
I did mention regardless of the basis of the disagreements. But okay, at the risk of another visit form Trips, I'll provide 1 light example: B. and Iraq - there were no weapons. Believe you me, there are much more examples, both known and unbeknownst to us, that is happening, whether we like it or not, whether we believe it or not.

At the end of the day, you are taking 1 post I made as a joke and turning it into a bash-fest.

In regards to your comment on homeownership, this one made me chuckle. Home prices and values have skyrocketed. Rental prices have gone up significantly. I advise clients that it's a better time to buy now, but there are less clients now that are able and have the means to buy now than before. Home prices have gone up, home insurance rates have gone up, cost of fixing sht!t (parts/labor/diy) have gone up, utilities have gone up, taxes have gone up. So IMO, while NOW is a better time to buy (if you have a means and ability to buy), homeownership affordability has gone down.