View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 01:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Weapon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Tour/Sport Blk
The Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanParty View Post
I just tapped into the front preouts from the amp and when I turn the bass down on the HU it goes down on the speakers. Does that mean it is not full range? I am planning to use the same signal for the subwoofer, but it won't work if it's filtered.

Does turning the bass down on the HU turn it down on all channels?
by adjusting the bass at the hu it adjusts the bass in the low level signal just like any headunit source would.

If you dont want it effect all speakers then get a sound processor with the flexability to tune each speaker individually.

it is a full signal. This means that from 20hz to 20khm the signal is not crossed-over.

The adjustments you make at the headunit with bass and treble will change the sound. But most aftermarkets headunits do this too.

The sound is not altered at higher volumes either. This happens in the bose amp.

My DM801 has a rta and i could see the full range signal coming just fine when you have bass, mid and treble at 0.

The biggest draw back of the stock bose HU is the voltage output. Its only like 500-700mv. Not that great. Most aftermarket systems are at a minimum of 4 volts these days.
Boosted Performance Comp Turbo - Tuner- CJM Fuel Return- Modified Berk CBE- ZSpeed Stage 4 Clutch - Southbend Flywheel - Tuned by Seb ~650whp - HKS Coilovers - SPL - Focal Audio 4 way Active - Audiocontrol DSP - Work CR 2P
The Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote