View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 09:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
Dreadnaught
Track Member

Drives: 14 SR 370z 6MT
Dreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmall View Post
I have driven the car at least 100 miles since putting in the dye. I am pretty sure there is no dye in the engine oil as I waited till absolute dark, pulled the dipstick and checked it with a blacklight, no fluorescing. I suspect the waterpump for two reasons: 1. Losing coolant with finding a leak, and there us a bearing noise as well. I would think that if the coolant is leaking through a bad bearing, it would eventually show up in the oil as the cam chain is lubricated right?
If the bearing on the water is going bad you would hear a grinding noise and there would be oil in the coolant. You would also have axial and radial play if you moved the water pump by hand. But, you can't do that since the water pump is driven by the timing chain.

The weep hole is on the left side of the timing covers. Check around and A/C compressor. That's where you should see coolant if the water pump is leaking.

If the right side restrictor that goes between the two right side heater hoses you will have coolant/staining on the right side of the bell housing. You can see the heater hoses from the top back right of the engine.