View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 02:12 PM   #956 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

And about 1 year later I finally make some power. lol. Project builds.... fun... yes. fun.

Made a little over 600whp on 16lbs of boost and 550tq. BUT, cyl 7 went cold, I ran out of fuel pump and the turbos need a rebuild. The turbos pushed oil and likely put oil on the plug of cyl 7 (I need to pull the plug to verify). The previous run made 12lbs made 540/540, so that's the last decent run for the turbo before it gave out.

How do I know cyl 7 went cold? I have EGT sensors hooked up and I saw the moment it went cool in the data log.

The fix? I'm getting new Bullseye turbos and will hook up my other Walbro 525 pump.

-Edit - The dyno pull was at 7000rpm and the engine should spin up to 9,000. The internal components should be able to take around 40psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wuWUUsnKQ
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote