View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 10:58 AM   #10537 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
I mean, if they don't accept themselves for who they are, why should I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
I'm not sure about this. Because let's say there isn't a gay gene...it would imply that someone becomes gay through either adoption or out of curiosity. But that being said, regardless of my curiosity or exposure to gays, I don't have any interest in them. Thanks, but no thanks.

Equally, if there IS a gay gene...to me it would actually explain so many examples of my friends who simply ARE different. Cool regular dudes, but who do have some particular habits/interests/characteristics, that do imply they're a bit different, and sure enough, they're gay. I wouldn't say they are gay out of pure boredom. Maybe they're just wired differently, and that's fine by me.

It's the "you can change your gender" idea that I find crazy harmful for people. Not only that you actually CAN'T change your gender, but you're not resolving any issues. You will be a mutilated person. You will not have functioning organs, fact. You will fall into a super tiny niche where people will not be attracted to you and you *will* be alone. As you grow old, you will be more on more back what you are naturally and you will eventually go depressed and kill yourself. Sad but that's the very likely scenario. It will be more and more obvious with years to come.
Helping these people isn't putting them on the operating table and shoving them full of hormones. It's talking to them and trying to medicate them to align their brain chemistry with their body. Maybe, MAYBE one day you may be able to solve it surgically....but I honestly doubt that's gonna happen within the next 20-30 years. Can't fool nature.
Exactly, you can't change biology.

I am not denying their humanity. I am denying and rejecting their beliefs, which they are entitled to, but I personally won't be buying into it.