View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 11:49 PM   #10520 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Ahh, remember she’s talking about peons who physically build furniture if I’m not mistaken. Your job/example is of higher skilled higher educated higher responsibilities middle management type jobs.

Here we’re in agreement, I totally am with you and your response to the one employee struggling example. That was the right way to handle it and it’s exactly how I’d have done it.

Also, assuming she is berating middle management, she’s still not wrong bc we’re not talking about one guy falling down and needing a bit of an attaboy pick me up/mentoring.

We’re talking about the entire management team bitching about carrots when the $$ targets aren’t being hit. You have to know when to lay the smack down on your people to snap them out of their pity party so they refocus. She’s right either way imo.
I'm not entirely sure who she was addressing, but I figured it was everyone, including the sales force and builders. The builders can put together the goal with no problem, but they also need to sell that inventory, so I would come to the conclusion she was speaking to everyone below her.

Between my job and theirs, at the end of the day, sales is sales. I have clients that have left me/my team for other lenders.

I agree with you on knowing when to put the hammer down. If they were moaning/groaning for lack of bonuses due to lack of performance, then hell no on bonuses. But if they were trending to hit their goals and there were whispers about no bonuses, I myself would have delivered that message a different way.

I really appreciate having these discussions on differing opinions/views. Makes it interesting and not so one-sided.