View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 10:47 PM   #10511 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Your millennial is showing.

Employees are assets to the management plain and simple, they are all totally replaceable and expendable. There is no two way street for lower level folks, as people move up in rank/position, then it becomes more of a two way street.

You said the ceo has to answer to the board/shareholders too. I agree, she saved the company $$$ by not giving out bonuses and if she fired some employees she’d save even more if necessary.

There’s positive and negative motivation tools, there’s time and place for both, when the worker bees get sturry and restless and too entitled, that’s the time for the stick. When they bust their a$$ and hit production and $$$ goals for the company, that’s the time for the carrot.
I am a millennial lol. Taking the money/bonus aspect out of the picture, just because she's the CEO doesn't mean she can berate employees like that. They are all grown@$$ people, and she puts on her pants 1 leg at a time just like the rest of the world.

I believe in both positive and negative reinforcement, but there is a time/place for each. Getting rid of dead-weight employees, I totally agree with. But treat your loyal, productive employees with respect. Without them, you don't have a company to run. Also, her message was hit the goal and not worry about the bonus, whereas you said if they hit the number's, then it's time for the carrot. So her expectation was to achieve the goal with the understanding that there would not be a bonus.