View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 10:29 PM   #10509 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
I can understand both POV's. BUT, her delivery of the message was off. She's demanding for the workers to hit the $26 milly goal, and without a good team, she won't achieve that and will have to answer to the board/shareholders. Each employee is a business within a business, and in a business relationship, it has to be a 2-way street and a win-win for both parties. The CEO needs a good team just as much as a good team needs a good CEO. I don't think it's so much as the workers feel like they need to get CEO pay, but, a little something, whether monetary or not, goes a long way. Even if there are no bonuses, there is a certain way to say things, and the way she did was out of touch.

It's one thing if there are no bonuses given the state of the economy/health of the company, and I'm sure most employees will understand. But berating employees like that will kill morale and motivation. A happy and appreciated employee will always do more than what is expected of them. Me personally, I know what I bring to the table, and it's my nature to be the best at whatever I do and no one will outwork me and will always go the extra mile. But if you kill my spirit, you better believe I will do the bare minimum and will be looking at another company that recognizes and appreciates my talents.
Your millennial is showing.

Employees are assets to the management plain and simple, they are all totally replaceable and expendable. There is no two way street for lower level folks, as people move up in rank/position, then it becomes more of a two way street.

You said the ceo has to answer to the board/shareholders too. I agree, she saved the company $$$ by not giving out bonuses and if she fired some employees she’d save even more if necessary.

There’s positive and negative motivation tools, there’s time and place for both, when the worker bees get sturry and restless and too entitled, that’s the time for the stick. When they bust their a$$ and hit production and $$$ goals for the company, that’s the time for the carrot.