View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 11:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute
Default Antifreeze Loss/NO Leaks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmall View Post
So I put some dye in the coolant and can't find the leak. I suspect the waterpump is going bad. Can anyone tell me if there is a weep hole for the pump? I know it's behind the timing chain cover but wondering if I can find some evidence of leak around the weep hole if there is one. Thanks

Not sure if there is a weep hole that drips external to the timing cover, but the water pump is above the crank pulley slightly to the driver side of the car. I’d look around there more and also along the driver side of the engine block (to find out if there is a leak/if there is a weep hole)

You’re sure there’s no coolant in your oil? How long did you run the car after putting in dye?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes

Last edited by Averying; 04-19-2023 at 02:06 PM.
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote