View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #288 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Okay, been doing some more digging. It looks like Nissan released its ester oil in Sep. of '08. So yes, that does explain the TSB for the G37. Indeed, I also just noticed that the TSB only applies to '08 G37s. It doesn't apply to later model years, so maybe I'm completely wrong on this and they are using the stuff as factory-fill after all. It'd be great if they are. I wish there were a way to know for sure though. Actually, I know a certain someone who works for Nissan Corporate who might stand a chance of finding a definitive answer for us. I'll PM him and update this thread if and when I get a response.
Sweet! Light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the detective work! Tell him I asked in December and got no response.