View Single Post
Old 04-16-2023, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
fairladyATX
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z Sport M6
fairladyATX is on a distinguished road
Default Track Build Feedback -- lets build a (semi)racecar!

I've been tracking the Z on and off for the past 2 years and it's time for her to transition to a dedicated track car (while still staying street-legal and driveable for occasional trips).

The goal is to have a reliable, fun, and safe HPDE car.

It's already partially there, but after driving home from the track a few weeks ago the air compressor seized up and broke the serpentine belt. I took this as a sign she wants to be more track-oriented.

I want to prioritize buying/installing in this order:

Safety
Suspension
Diff
Transmission
Engine
Aero
(Braking is already done and I like the setup)

My goal is to "finish" the build for ~$10k, and it looks doable if source used parts where it makes sense (like suspension), and do DIY installs where I can vs. pay a local specialized mechanic (like Austin Z Clinic).

At this stage -- I'm mainly curious if I'm missing anything major or overlooking anything minor.

And since the car has just hit 80k miles (and WITHOUT any major issues--all engine and drivetrain parts are mostly original) I'm wondering if I should start replacing water pumps, oil pumps, PS pumps, etc. pre-emptively, or let those ride.

In the Notion doc, it breaks down what's already installed vs. what I think I need to buy to round it out.

Any feedback, tips, or concerns on what I have here so far would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by fairladyATX; 04-18-2023 at 01:15 PM.
fairladyATX is offline   Reply With Quote