View Single Post
Old 04-16-2023, 11:02 AM   #57 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Completely unplanned but after last track day I decided that I should get a steering wheel spacer. Too many times have I thought that the steering wheel is just too far away for me.
I bought one off of spacershop.com - some other member has linked it in the thread about it. The harnesses for all the functional keys on the steering wheel need to be extended, but the airbag wires are OK, just long enough so that they don't need to be extended. Installation was not a problem, though I must note that I think that it's impossible to get the steering wheel perfectly straight. I think the grooves on the extender piece aren't completely aligned, because I tried to align it perfectly, and even did a realignment - I still don't have the perfect straight alignment. No big deal, I'll go for alignment and fix it - once I install the steering spacers to get a bit more angle on the front.

Went for a wet drive on the track yesterday and the steering wheel position is perfect, right in my hands, not that I need to be stretched out. That being said, there is a downside to it. Reaching for the turn signal stalk - that's just ridiculous. It's now FAR AWAY. Not kidding, but I literally need to move the hand off the steering wheel to reach the stalk - but it's worth it. The driving position is SO much better now.

Anyway, here's a few pics of the car, along with the other car that's actually practical to use. On the pics of the Z, you can also see little upgrades that I mentioned previously - the oil pressure gauge, functioning fantastically and looking nearly OEM, as well as the fire extinguisher in front of the passenger seat. Not a huge one, but better than nothing.

Last edited by filip00; 04-26-2023 at 11:14 AM.
filip00 is offline   Reply With Quote