View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 01:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzed View Post
Ha ha, I'm not that retarded, although it was my fault. What happened was, if I jack the car up using the the pinch weld on the sill ,I place a flat piece of steel with a rubber coating on the cup of the jack(it's actually the rear hatch weight) so has not to damage the underside of the car. Unfortunately when I started jacking the front of the car up via the metal dome on the front subframe I forgot to remove the said flat piece of steel from the jack cup. Jacked the car up pretty high and was turning around to reach the axle stands when it slid off the subframe jacking point and onto the sump.
Here in Australia the oil pan/sump is on 8 week back order from Nissan so I've ordered one from z1 motorsports which was here in Australia in 5 days (great fed ex service) but as it's Easter it won't be delivered till Tuesday now.
It's all Nissan's fault anyway as the reason I was jacking it up was to fit all the necessary adapter's to my oil pressure sensor port for my oil pressure gauge. If Nissan had either fitted an oil pressure gauge instead of a shitty looking clock or fitted decent oil gallery gaskets and bolts that don't fall out then I wouldn't have been under the car in the first place, so f**K you Nissan it's your fault 😁
That's not bad. I dropped a Boeing 767 on the WHEEL/BOGEY jack. Crushed the skid plate underneath. I still remember the sound.

I was young, full of piss and Vinegar, low lighting, and tired on night shift. Amazing what the mind will do with a little help.

Being stupid has nothing to do with these incidents. Sometimes
we forget.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote