View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 01:38 PM   #55 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Legend has it that OP is still debating his options.

On a side note, now is a really bad time to buy and/or to get into unnecessary debt. Interest rates have gone up so borrowing will be alot more expensive and you would qualify for less of a loan (provided you qualify at all). Prices have gone up due to inflation AND due to global supply issues and shortages of supplies and parts needed to build (i.e. semiconductors). High rates + high prices = does not make any sense to make big purchases** in this current economic environment.

**The ONLY exception to this is if you are buying a home, in which case you are investing into something that will appreciate in value (esp. due to shortage in supply), rather than a car which will depreciate.
As I mentioned previously, now is a bad time to buy a car and getting into unnecessary debt.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/02/cars/...s-inflation-dg

"This is one of the worst times to buy a car in decades. "

I have also said take the media with a grain of salt. What this article fails to address is the rise in rates. With current rates, qualifying for an auto loan will be harder and there is a very good chance that people will be qualified for a lesser amount than when rates were lower.