View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 11:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Petrosin Pentofrost A3 IS the coolant Nissan rebrands in their containers. Best price at Rockauto when ordering other parts. Also available at Advance auto.

First leak point to check is the plastic mender in the middle of heater hose next to the battery box. My upper radiator hose was getting dried coolant at the connection to the radiator so I changed both radiator hoses, both heater hoses (used a metal mender) and employed a 170* thermostat. There's a bunch of smaller hoses that run along the top of the engine to the throttle bodies etc. so give those a look as well. The FSM provides a schematic for all cooling hoses for reference in searching down leaks. If that all passes the inspection check the radiator core then unfortunately, it's onto looking into a head gasket or heater core leak.

Additionally, if you have silicone hoses, Z owners have reported coolant smell due to weeping through the hose itself, yes even when new and why I stuck with the EPDM material hoses Nissan used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
Yes, the Nissan Long life brand. Dont need it specifically, just what they want to sell to you. In warranty, who cares.

Other options out there:

https://www.amazon.ca/Zerex-861398-g...96206921&psc=1

Last edited by Tractionless; 04-01-2023 at 11:29 AM.
Tractionless is offline   Reply With Quote