View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonforces View Post
Hello! I went to the track and noticed that my rear rotors are getting just as hot as the front ones. After each cool-down lap, I checked all of the rotors with a temperature gun and they were usually around 450-550F. After one of my runs, I didn't get a cool-down lap because they flagged us in, and all 4 rotors were around 750F.

I was originally planning on getting a cooling kit for the front from Z1, but now I think I need something for the rear as well. I couldn't find any posts about rear brake cooling, only the front. Is it normal for the rear brakes to get as hot as the front? If not, what should I do about it? Are there any good rear brake cooling setups out there?

I am running Carbotech XP10 front, XP8 rear, and Motul RBF 600 brake fluid on a 2014 Nismo. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you might need to go XP12 XP8 when you get the front brake cooling ducts. Thatd shift some brake bias forward to where you’ll be pulling the heat from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote