View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 06:53 AM   #9661 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Stories above remind me of a situation several years ago here in Slovenia.
I'm originally from Croatia - a typical balkan country, but I'm living for quite some time in Slovenia now. Few years ago (me aged 33) going into the store to buy lunch for my lunch break, and I see a dude (junkie looking dude) running out with a basket full of goodies. The cashier shouting behind him, with a desperate face, stopping at the exit. Me in full training, physically peaking, thinking - if not now, then when - I put away my sunglasses and sprint after the dude. Caught him in about 100m, he threw the basket, but as I was just behind him, I nudged him forward. As he was in full running speed, he just fell flat on his face on the pavement, sound like a sack of potatoes being thrown on the floor. Kept lying there, and I didn't do anything else. Just picked up the basket, walked back to the store, looking behind as it about then dawned on me that the dude might hit me in the back with me not looking, but he just kept lying there from what I last saw looking back. I returned the basket, cashier at the verge of tears. Picked up my lunch and went back to the workplace to eat. I then tell the story of what just happened to my coworkers, who immediately start worrying because "this guy can sue you", "you shouldn't have been physical with him", "that's really risky what you did" etc. Me listening, still amazed thinking back about it - who gives a **** about a thief? Because where I'm originally from, the balkan - he's lucky he didn't end up with broken bones, because people there couldn't give less **** about laws, protection, rights, etc, especially if it's such thieving matter.