View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
I think original HID bulbs are 6000K or even less. No matter how dark it is, I can see very well with them, so I'm not sure why you were that dissatisfied with them. If you could see only a few feet ahead, I'm guessing you lowered your car and didn't adjust your headlights?
OEMs are most likely in the 4300-5000K range. Above 6000K is where you get into the realm of extremely diminishing returns with light output not performing at the level that an HID bulb normally would had it been in a usable light spectrum (i.e. he couldn't see anything past 30ft with a 10,000K bulb).
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote