View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Will 370Z
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
Will 370Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averying View Post
What about the current exhaust do you not like?

High flow cats are good to get you a little bump in power. They’re probably the best option because you’ll get ALMOST as much power as full test pipes, but with less noise, less smell, less emissions, etc etc.

Headers won’t get you much. For the hassle they are to install and the cost for a quality set, most people skip this on a street car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by k67p67 View Post
It all depends on what your goals are. Are you just looking to add some growl to your Z? Do you intend to autox or track the car? I/H/E has always been a common starting point for mods. Although, the exhaust manifold mounting points are notoriously difficult to access on our Zs. HFCs or test pipes might be an easier choice. Coilovers and other supsension mods can make your Z a lot more fun to drive.
Thank you guys. Mainly just looking for a different sound from the exhaust and of course I’d appreciate any little bump in power that comes with that. Thoughts on HFC versus resonated test pipes in terms of sound and power gains?

Once I settle on one, I’m definitely turning to intake and tune then suspension.
Will 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote