View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 02:42 PM   #57 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Truth is that’s typical of Japanese anime where machines play big roles (race cars, robots, etc).

Humanizing machineries, emphasizing (or exaggerating) the “bond” between owners and machines…it’s like relationship between a police officer and the partner K9, loyalty and unparalleled familiarity toward each other, but between drivers and machines.
Oh, I know that. I was asking because Akio here has previously mentioned Wangan Midnight as his inspiration, and I find it quite interesting, because Wangan Midnight is one of the worst car-animes out there. It's predictable, has a stupid plot, stupid story and even stupider deus-ex-machina solutions when there's a problem. In comparison, Initial D is one incredibly well made anime that also tells a similar story - connection of driver with his machine - but it's completely realistic, it sets realistic boundaries and it tells a good story, still interesting if you're above the age of 12.
filip00 is online now   Reply With Quote