View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 02:00 PM   #5240 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I guess I am wallering in the mud now.

When the SOHO intake was installed on my car, I got a call from Nick after he had it on the dyno. He said, "I think it can get it to hit 1000whp". I asked what the IAT's were. He told me 158 deg. What boost level, 29psi. I asked him to pull the car off the dyno and build me a proper intercooler. I told him what size I wanted. He said I didn't need it and but he would build me one like they build. I said OK. He then said it did something strange on the dyno and dumped at 7xxx rpms. I have the dyno graph for this. This is when the headgaslet was torched on cylinder 4. Mark had to take the MLS layers apart to see it. It was a small plasma cut on the inner layer. When I came and picked up the car I didn't drive it. My mistake of thinking it was right. When I brought it home and drove the car it had a bad stumble at 2800-3000rpms at partial throttle. I also noticed it was spitting coolant out the coolant reservoir. That was on the 17psi of boost setting, not even turned up. I thought I had overfilled it. I then went to Pocono, It keep spitting coolant out. Just a little bit at a time. Then the car overheated, I knew I had an air pocket and it was done. Headgasket problem. I parked the car, let it cool off, and bleed the cooling system out. Loaded it up on the trailer. I was pissed. I trailered the car straight home from Pocono. 14hr drive.

Last edited by Spooler; 03-15-2023 at 02:26 PM.
Spooler is online now   Reply With Quote